New baby #1: Essence - Too glam to give a damn eyeshadow palette

Well, I know that you cannot expect much from Essence Cosmetics eyeshadows, especially if it contains purples which are most difficult shades to formulate, but this one spoke to me.

Even though I've always used colorful eyeshadow including blues and greens (which are finally getting back in style), when it comes to purples, I kept avoiding them due to not knowing how to incorporate them in my look, dreading that I'll end up looking like I have black eyes.

When Essence sneaked peeked this palette I was immediately drown in, and with AHB Norvina palette showing up a tad later, it seemd like every natural look lover and their mother was dipping their toes into purpules so I caved in and got this little palette instead. 



It does not look anything like the ABH Norvina though, but is a total knock off of Mac palettes that had the same format. Bad Essence for stealing other people's ideas! 

Too glam to give a damn palette* contains 3 sparkly shades (yellow gold, teal and mauvey pink), 2 satins (light pink and mauve), 3 mattes (purple, purply red and a beige (not showing on the swatch pic because it's my perfect shade match 😂)) with a gorgeous golden to peach highlighter at the end. 


To cut to the chase, mattes are expectedly terrible to bland and not very pigmented, but can be used to deepen up the look so I am using browns and deep reds from other palettes in my crease. 
Sparkly shades are actually pretty decent, I've used them over a sticky base though to avoid fallout (and also because I'm in my lazy cut crease phase). Teal and gold look great together over the lid, creating pretty green transition in the middle, and that sparkly mauvey pink can basicly be used in any kind of mauvy look so I'm guessing it will be my most used shade in the palette.

Best thing about the palette in my opinion is definitely the highlighter. It's on the sparkly side, such a gorgeous gold to peach shade that looks great on my pale skin. 

All in all, not to shabby considering the price and if you're only dipping your toes in mauves. Eyeshadows did not crease on my lids (though I usually do not have a problem with it), but if you're looking for more of a punch in your look you'll have to implement your high end palettes to make it pop. Shadows are soft so I guess it will not be a problem to pan them. Quality reminds me of Wet'n'wild eyeshadows. 

I'd say it's 3/5 in my books.

Do you like Essence Cosmetics products? 
What is your favorite drugstore eyeshadow formula? 

*Bought with my own hard earned cash.

With love, 
atwiglikeme :) 

Comments