Swatchfest #1: The Ordinary Serum Foundation vs. Bourjois CC Cream


Happiness is having work colleagues that share the same intrests as you do.
During our (almost) daily make-up updates I've mentioned to a colleague that I'd love to try The Ordinary Serum Foundation as it was so raved about a while back so she offered me to try her out.

Currently I'm finishing up Bourjois 123 Perfect Cream in 31 Ivory. I like this little guy very much. It's thin and runny, can go up to medium coverage and it matches my skin perfectly (see swatch below). 

The Ordinary Serum Foundation I got is in 1.2 N (I was actually thinking about ordering this shade) which is a tad too dark (khm) and yellow for me. Consistency of this foundation is as expected - quite runny, but I was not expecting it to be that oily. Thankfully it did set and my skin looked natural minus the off shade (only visible on the neck as I still have the tiniest tan after the summer). 


All in all, it seems like a decent lighter coverage foundation and I might get it once I finish up items I already have in my stash. I just need to make sure to order a lighter shade if I do! 

Have you tried anything from the brand The Ordinary? 
Do you have a recommendation for a light coverage foundation? 

*Items bought with my colleague's and my own hard earned cash. 

With love, 
atwiglikeme :) 




Comments