Depotting extravaganza

I thought this palette by Freedom Profesional Make Up* was a good idea, but when I finally got it, I was disappointed with the quality and it ended up at the back of my collection... So I've decided to depot it!

Some time ago I tried the warm up and pry it out method but in case of flimsy pans such as these, you just end up shattering your eyeshadows while you twist the pans. 
This time I've warmed up the bottom of the plastic packaging with a lighter and then used scissors to poke the bottom of the packaging to pop the eyeshadow pan out. By doing so I've destroyed the packaging but my eyeshadows are in one piece. 
For few of the shades I had to first warm up the plastic to poke a hole in it, then warm up again to loosen up the glue. 

I'd highly recommend this method, especially for eyeshadows in cheap flimsy packaging or any crumbly formula eyeshadows. 


Have you ever depotted any of your eyeshadows?
If yes, what is your favorite method?

*Item bought with my own hard earned cash.

With love, 
atwiglikeme :) 

Comments