How I use a sheet mask



Today was a sheet mask day, so I (finally!) remembered to share a little tip on how to get maximum out of them (at least in my opinion).

At the beginning, I'd like to point out that I have combination skin and I'm prone to hormonal breakouts on my chin. My targeted area for hydration are my cheeks and deep lines on my forehead and between my eyebrows (I blame it on my thirty-something-never-wearing-sunglasses frown😫). My skin loves thin essences rich in plumping ingredients such as hyaluronic acid or anti-inflammatory such as tea tree oil. Oily, anti-aging masks are usually too heavy on my skin.

Because I tend to leave the mask on for as long as it's moist and that's simply too much for my chin to handle, I started cutting the chin out after I have a mask on for around 15 minutes. It tends to be enough to hydrate this area and because gravity does it's business, lower part of mask becomes drenched in essence so I simply use this cut-out and put it as a second layer on my forehead😃.

In this way I'm using the most out of the mask and as an added bonus I can munch on something while my face still enjoys the goodness that is a sheet mask essence😄.


If you're interested, I also have a tip on using up excess sheet mask essence - you can read it here.

Do you like using sheet masks?
Do you have any tips on how to use them?

With love,
atwiglikeme :)

Comments

Popular Posts