New baby #6: Revolution Pro Supreme Eyeshadow - Bewitch


Beauty Bay had a sale a few weeks ago and of course I made an impulse purchase😝. One of the items that ended up in my cart is Revolution Pro palette in Bewitch. I don't know why but this palette caught my eye at first glance and for a long time, I've been eyeing it but not pulling the trigger because Makeup Revolution its and sister brands get very mixed reviews for their eyeshadows.

But hey, just look at these, this is pure shiny metallic goodness - try to say no to them:

Palette contains a matte beige and 7 metallics ranging from gold, bronze to rose golds and it swatches like a dream. Only let downs were 4th (gold) and 7th (rose gold) shade that swatched rather thin and glittery on the first try.

Swatches under natural light:
Lightbox picture:

And here's were praises end 😒 Only way to make these eyeshadows appear as dramatic as in the pan is by using your fingertips to apply them... and I HATE using my fingers to apply make up. I love my tools and brushes because they keep my hands clean 😅. I tried to pick up the product using several synthetic fiber flat brushes and it simply did not work. It only picked up the glitter particles with no pigment to it. I also tried to use wet brush. It helped but I do not like the way it looks and feels on the eyelids - kind of crusty😅. 

All in all, price wise, I am not sad that I've bought this palette. It contains pretty metallic shades that can be implemented as a lid shade to any eyelook you could think of. I love the fact that it has barely any fallout which was a nice surprise (looking at you ColourPop metallics!) but I have to admit that application method annoys me. This palette will definitely get used up (each shade contains only 1 gram of product), but I would not consider ordering another one from the collection/brand.

Edit, 21Jun19: You can use sponge applicator to apply this formula, my fingers will stay clean after all! 😎

If you own this palette, what is your favorite method to apply it?
What was your last impulse purchase? 

*Item bought with my own hard earned cash.

With love,
atwiglikeme :)

Comments