New baby #7: L'Oreal Colorista Washout in Hot Pink

I've been riding the balayage wave for almost 2 years now and I always let my dear friend, professional hairdresser, help me in choosing the right color for me. I've done from rose-copper and peach, to violet and sunset hair with coral being the last one.
My hair was pretty washed out due to sun and salt water (vacation mode on!) so I decided to give L'Oreal Colorista washout dye a go. Local drugstore did not have all available shades so I've opt for hot pink. My hair tends to have a lot of red pigment even though I'm your basic mousy brunette now so I was not too scared of such a bright shade.
Now, let's see what I've ended up with:
Shade I ended up with is pretty close to the shade presented on the box. As I do not have hair bleached to its' bones, pink was more diluted and on the reddish side, but still significally brighter then what I've started with.
Picture was taken under direct sunlight and you can notice that I did not apply dye high enough and coral is still peeking through.
Feeling it:
Color after the first wash:
All in all, I am impressed of the results. Application was easy and result is in line with expected according to the chart on the box. When it comes to longevity, after the first wash color definitely lost a lot of it's brightness, but it's washing out gracefully without any patching so I'd recommend this shade if you're looking for a quick makeover for your vacation or a festival as after a wash or 2, color will fade into a more "wearable", dirty pink.

Note, for better results, try not to wash your hair for 48 hours after dying it and if you end up with color you do not like try washing it multiple times as soon as dyed (body washes, especially ones for men tend to be helpful😆).

Have you tried any shade from L'Oreal Colorista washout line?
Do you like to experiment with your hair color?

*Item bought with my own hard earned cash.

With love,
atwiglikeme :)


Comments