New baby #2: RCMA No-color Powder


For the longest time I was avoiding loose powders for setting up my make-up because they looked liked I'd make a mess, so I sticked to compacts.

I have combo skin with oily(er) T-zone and tend to get hormonal breakouts but overall I cannot complain too much about my skin. In my collection I do not own a single "true" foundation, as I prefer BB and CC creams which I apply with a brush to get more coverage, use a conceler to hide any current imperfection, and I always end it up with a powder to set it all and make it last longer.

My first ever loose powder, after years of both coloured and translucent compats, was Catrice Nude Illusion loose powder in translucent matt. I enjoyed this powder. There was a learning curve when it comes to the amount I have to use (I tend to over powder), but I loved how smooth my skin looked, my make-up lasted longer and it did not become cakey on the skin. I would say that it might cause a white cast if you go overboard with it though. 
As I was finishing it up, I've decided I need to try a new one, so I've opt for the RCMA No-color Powder, a cult favorite and, if I may add, a great value product because gram of it is even cheaper then the Catrice one. Product contains only talc and silica so be aware if you have any issues with talc. For now I've used it just a couple of times. Product comes in a cheap plastic salt shaker thingy so I'm using my old Catrice packaging for it. Powder seems nicely milled, soft and light, but a bit more drying than the Catrice one so I need to figure out the dosing. It does not leave a white cast, it helps my make-up stay put and it did not cause any skin irritations. I am happy with my purchase, I just need to cut down the amount I use, not to end up looking like a dried out fig.

Do you prefer compact or loose powders?
What is your favorite loose powder?

*Items bought with my own hard earned cash

With love,
atwiglikeme :) 

Comments