Eyeshadow Wardrobe Tag

I found this fun little tag at Cats Wearing Makeup YT channel and thought it was interesting so I went through my collection and picked up 10 palettes which would, in my opinion, meet Eyeshadow Wardrobe Tag prompts. For some of the prompts I had clear picture which palette to chose, but some of them it was a total stretch. Also, this is the first time I felt like my collection of 28 palettes was too small and utilitarian 😂

Here are my picks:

💚Wedding: This is a clear yet problematic pick – KVD Shade+Light Eye palette. My high-end makeup journey started back in 2017 and at that point it only made sense to start with the basics. I was on a trip to Venice with a friend and deal was to splurge on a palette in Sephora. Contenders were Shade+Light and Too Face Sweet Peach palette. I opted for the first one and I’m still happy about it. Brand history aside, I love this palette for the simplicity of what it is – a perfect eye countering kit. My go-to when attending a wedding is a cool-tone smokey eye (middle quad) and MAC Russian Red on the lips. Grey smokey eye may seem a bit too much for the wedding, but I have deep set eyes and most of the dark grey gets lost in the hollow that are my eye sockets. On the other hand, cool-toned smokey eye paired with a red lip is a staple makeup look that never goes out of style, and as a bonus, it emphasizes the blue in my eyes.

💚Date Night: When you are in a relationship for over a decade and half of this time you’ve been living together, there is not much thing you can do to surprise the other person with. When it comes to makeup, my partner is very supportive of my hobby and generally, I tend to go a bit overboard when we’re going somewhere together as it’s a perfect time for me to play around with color combos. But, if we’re aiming for something romantic I’d opt for Natasha Denona Love palette. Since last year I’ve been rocking pink/red balayage so this palette is a perfect eyeshadow palette to pair with my hair color.

💚Girl’s Night Out: Long, long time ago, in a different world, I used to go out with my friends and first palette that popped into my head to use for this occasion is ColourPop It’s my Pleasure palette. This is the palette I used for one of the last nights out I could think of. I like flashy pink and purple looks you can create using this palette for going out even though the idiom says to paint the town red.

💚On vacation: This is also a category I did not need to ponder over – I’d use ColourPop Good Sport palette. I know that most of people consider this one as a perfect autumn palette, and I definitely agree, but at the same time, autumn color scheme is the one I gravitate towards through out the year. This palette travelled across Europe with me, from Croatia to Spain and back so it holds a special place in my heart. In such a small format, palette offers a lot of options, from quick matte in the crease and shimmer on the lid eye looks, all the way to vampy burgundy or purple smokey eye.

💚Graduation: For this occasion, I’d like a simple neutral smokey eye with cool-tone leaning shimmer on the lid, so I’d chose Make Up Revolution Hypnotic palette. This is one of the recent purchases of mine and I got it for about 4 Euros and it’s an obvious dupe of  the ABH Sultry palette. I don’t like powdery formulas so I was never considering getting the original palette, but I got intrigued by the neutral to cool-tone leaning color story and decided to give this one a go and I love it. Great little palette for boring profesh looks, therefore, it’s also a great option for Graduation.

💚Christmas Day: This… well, this one is a total stretch. Generally, I love to wear red eyeshadow for Christmas and my go to red has to be my Sugarpill Love+ single. But, if I had to choose a palette, clear winner would be Zoeva Premiere palette. This lovely warm tone palette offers a nice array of cosy winter-y shades which basically call you to stay in and warm up by the fire. As Christmas for me means visiting family and we’re going form one household to another, I like to wear something, as mentioned, red but muted down with a gold on the lid and brown in the crease paired with a nude lipstick because Christmas is all about family and food so it does not make sense to rock a bold lip.

💚A Birthday Party: Last year, for my birthday I went crazy with Juvia’s Place Magic palette. If I remember correctly, I was rocking orange crease, green lid and blue outer v. This is such a fun palette. I also love using it to create all pink looks or silver smokey eyes. It’s a perfect party palette to play around with, but it can also be used to create more neutral yet warm-tone looks.

💚To the office: I work in an office environment which is not client-facing, so it’s quite liberal when it comes to the dress-code. I’m taking full advantage of this situation and rotate through my whole eyeshadow collection, but if I had to choose a palette to use in a more stereotypical office environment I’d choose Lime Crime Venus XL II. It’s a neutral palette with a twist leaning to cool-tone with array of different finishes. Even though this palette seems a bit boring I was intrigued by it from the first time I saw it and finally got it during 2019 Black Friday sale for birthday. I kind of feel bad for this palette for not getting attention it deserves while Natasha Denona Retro palette with VERY similar color-story got everyone losing their panties over it.

💚Out on errands/everyday: I feel like I don’t have a palette I gravitate towards when it comes to creating "everyday" looks, but my collection tells a different story. Clear winner in this category is Makeup Revolution SophX Extra Spice palette which I got as a gift for Christmas 2018 and so far I hit 2 pans on it with quite a few deep dips going on as well. This palette is pretty versatile and I use it to create whole array of eyelooks, from olive green and hot pink all the way to warm-tone neutrals.

💚New Year’s: First option would have to be Juvia's Place Magic palette to create silver smokey eye, but not to have repeats I opt for Violet Voss Hashtag which was, if I remember correctly, palette I used to create a red and purple look I had on to welcome this shitty year. At least pairing it with black liquid lipstick was a good choice 😅 This palette has some great metalilcs so it's a great option to create vibrant eyelooks for New Year's party or any other festive occasion.

*All items bought with my own hard earned cash or gifted by friends.

Have you done this tag?
What would be your answers?


With love, 

atwiglikeme :) 

Comments

Popular Posts