#20in2020 Pansematary project pan: 4nd update

With a month delay, here is my 4th update for my year long project pan - finish 20 in 2020 #pansematary edition (items split into 5 different spooky category):

Final girl: Things that are close to being done (all completed in Q1!) 

  • Alverde Serum Foundation - Done in February!
  • Catrice Anti-red concealer - Done in February!
  • Essence Insta Care lipstick - Done in January!
  • PS... Eyeliner in black - Done in March!

Jump scares: Samples:  *in my case I chose 2 samples and 2 minis.  

  • Becca Moonstone highlighter – I did not make a good progress on this mini highlighter during Q2, but in Q3 I’ve returned back to it. It is a pale shade, but I can pull it off even during the summer months as my face does not tan, usually only my freckles become more pronounced. I am not sure if I’ll be able to hit pan on this mini by the end of the year, but at least, this project is proof that Becca highlighters are good investment. 
  • MAC Velvet Teddy – About 2-3 uses left – I’ll finish it up in no time! 
  • Two Avon lipstick samples - I've completed Revitalising Raspeberry shade sample in January and red sample finally during September. Red one was more of a coral shade so it was a good pop of color for the summer. I also used it as a blush a few times. I would not buy the full size of it though, because it’s a soft cream formula which transfers like crazy and I’m too lazy to blot my lips. 

Needful things: Items you LOVE and want to hoard:  

  • Wet'n'Wild Mellow Wine blush - Hit pan in May! Plan was to return to this blush in autumn but I’ll just let it be. I want to try to hit pan on the other blush in this project. 
  • ColourPop No Filter Concealer – Done in September. Shade was a tad too light for me and it made my under eyes look kind of grey. Apart from poor shade match, I didn’t like how this concealer sat on my skin, like it did not blend it to the skin at all. 
  • Essence lipliner – I use this lip liner somewhat consistently, but there is still a long way to go. It definitely helps out for lipstick to stay on longer, but I sometimes forget to wear it... 
  • PS... Eyeliner in black (new) – Due to soft formula it’s moving along nicely, but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to finish it up by the end of the year. 
Slow burn: Items that will take a long time:  
  • L'Oreal Le Blush in Nude Brown – I STILL haven’t hit pan on this blush. I just don’t understand it! During Q3 it was basically the only blush I reached for but still no pan. It is a quite dark brown-nude shade so it might be the reason of my slow progress. Also, it’s very hard pressed! 
  • Catrice brown eyeshadow (depotted) – I use this eyeshadow to fill in my brows every time I use makeup. I’m close to hitting side-pans. Plan is to declutter this shade at the end of the year no matter the project status  because it’s very old 😅 
  • Kiko Milano Waterflower Magic Bronzer in 01 Warm Honey - Hit pan in May! 
  • Trend it up Ultra matte lipstick - This roll off from my previous project is on it’s last legs. Recently a little air bubble appeared in the middle of the bullet so it’s safe to say it’s almost done

Haunts: Items that have been sticking around for too long:  

  • Essence Metal Shock liquid eyeshadow in 02 starts & stories - Finished in June! It started to get really goopy lately and it would make my eyeshadow look chunky and thick on the lid which is definitely not cute. I've checked the batch codes and it was made back in 2017 - time to call it done! Tube sides were showing in any case. 
  • Essence Metal Shock liquid eyeshadow in 01 solar explosion - Finished in June! Same as above. 
  • Catrice Ultimate stay lipstick #160 – Just a bit left! It’s a nice berry color which I tend to reach for if I just want a bit of pop on my lips. I also used it as a cream blush a few times on my no-make makeup days. 
  • Avon Color Trend eye pencil in Sparkling green – I’ve used it now and then, but not enough for any major progress to show. Most likely, as previously predicted, I will not be able to finish this guy up by the end of the year, but at least I’ve made some major dents in it. 

Target for the rest of the year is to finish up all 3 lipsticks left in the project. As they are nude, mauve and a berry it should not be a problem, especially when it comes to MAC Velvet Teddy mini which has only 2-3 uses left in it.  

If you are interested in my previous status - you can read it here.

Have you joined any project pan in 2020?
Do you have any tips on panning?

*All items bought with my own hard earned cash or gifted by friends. *
* #Pansematary is brainchild of @erinpans

With love,
atwiglikeme :)

Comments

Popular Posts