Pan that Palette 2019: Intro


I love stalking on other people's pan-that-palette projects so I decided to give it a go this year. As my palette collection is pretty fresh and I use most of them as companion palettes to each other, I wanted the most basic one for the project so I have narrowed my list to below two palettes:

 - NYX Perfect Filter Rustic Antique, and
- Zoeva Premiere

NYX palette is one of the oldest ones in my collection and has quite a dent in most of the shades, while Zoeva is spanking new but holds smaller pans and as the formula is quite powdery I though that I'd make quick progress, but I could not pull the final trigger between the two so I ended up asking my friends on Instagram via Story poll (love that option, so fun) to make the decsion for me (results are available here).
It was a tie for quite a while but at the end palette from NYX was "the winner" and I secretly hoped for this one to as it's first on my declutter list πŸ™Š.

And now, let me share with you my goals for this project as it would be unrealistic to try to pan the whole thing (each shade holds 2 grams of product & I cannot settle on a single palette for a long period of time😩):

✅ 1st shade, vanilla beige: Hit pan or use up (setting the eyelids, clean up) 
✅ 2nd shade, matt burnt brown: Hit pan (crease shade or to deepen up a look)
✅ 3rd shade, matt warm beige with a hint of peach: Hit pan or use up (basic crease shade, I often use it to set my eylids before going in with darker colors)
✅4th shade, pearl antique gold: Hit pan (over the lid) 
✅ 5th shade, satin vanilla: Hit pan or use up (highlighting)
✅ 6th shade, satin muted red with golden flakes:  No goal, powdery shade, will declutter it after the project (crease shade) 
✅ 7th shade, matt muted orange: Hit pan (crease shade)
✅ 8th shade, satin burgundy-copper: No goal, meh shade, might declutter it after to the project (crease shade) 
✅ 9th shade, pearl dark brown: No goal, I use this shade to deepen up a look, but I'll declutter it after the project
✅ 10th shade, satin burgundy: No goal, I rarely use this shade, probably will declutter it after the project

I'm excited about this panning project 😁.
My prediction is to hit pan on satin vanilla first. I'll keep you posted 😊

Are you joining a #panthatpalette2019 project?
Do you have any suggestions on how to use up any of the shades? 

*Item bought with my own hard earned cash

With love,
atwiglikeme :)

Comments

Popular Posts