Swatchfest #9: Laura Geller Diamond Dust Highlighter dupe alert!


Laura Gellar trio was one of my splurges last year and I wore Diamond Dust non-stop for a period of time. It's described as a holographic highlighter, but on my skin it looks like a peach to pink-purple duochrome. It leaves beautiful reflecting sheen without enhancing any textures you may have on the skin. And yes, little bit goes a long way! 

In December, I got NYX Sugar Trip Advent Calendar and immediately fell in love with their Paradise Fluff Candy Cloud highlighter. In the pan it looks like a peach highlighter that shifts to pink. It's a bit powdery so I'm using it up quite fast. I tend to put it on my cheeks after setting up my foundation, buffing it in with my RT contour brush and top it with a blush. 
Quite a few times while wearing it, my make-up addicted friends asked me if I was wearing the Diamond Dust highlighter so finally I decided to swatch them next to each other to check if they could be dupes. 

Highlighters next to each other in a pan:

They look nothing alike in the pan, but when you swatch them, they look the same. 

Natural light:

Lightbox:

Verdict: Looking at the swatches, NYX Paradise Fluff Candy Cloud highlighter is definitely a dupe to Laura Geller Diamond Dust. 

What do you think, are these two dupes to each other?
Did you find any dupes in your collection?

*Items bought with my own hard earned cash or gifted by friends.

With love,
atwiglikeme :) 

Comments