Swatchfest #12: Primark & The Lion King - The Wild Side eyeshadow palette

Well, well... I was so proud of myself by leaving Sephora without a single eyeshadow palette in my bag, but Primark hit my inner child right in the feels and I could not leave Simba all alone on those shelves😂. This is Primark Lion King eyeshadow palette.

This Tarte looking circle-shaped palette is Primark's collaboration with one of the Disney's favorites - The Lion King and eyeshadow palette is named The Wild Side:
On the inside, palette follows Tarte's boring range of neutrals, in this case with a pop of coral and pinky-red. In my personal opinion, palette contains 3 shimmers (middle shade, and two on top right), 2 satins (coral and pink), 3 pearls (champagne, warm brown and peach) with dark brown being the only matt of the bunch. Even though palette "lacks" mattes, it's actually a good thing as satin and pearl finishes do not show on the eye too much and such formulas are usually creamier and therefore easier to blend (although, blending brown-ish warmtones is usually a piece of cake as they simply blend into our skin on their own).

Here are the swatches under natural light:
Now with shade names:

All in all this is a basic warm tone palette that will allow you to create simple sunset inspired looks. With a good range of dept and finishes, it is a great travel palette, but if we want to be realistic - no one needs this palette as we all have such shades in our collection so the only selling point of it is cute little Simba on the packing.
Quality seems similar to Makeup Revolution but I only wore it once so my first impression might change over time. Given the price, I'm totally fine with the quality and would consider buying another little Primark palette, but I'd like to avoid their obvious dupes of Huda, Urban Decay or Kylie Cosmetics items... They're just a bit too close to home...

Final verdict - thumbs up for Simba😍

Do you like Primark's eyeshadow formula?
What is your favorite palette you bought from Primark?

*Item bought with my own hard earned cash.

With love,
atwiglikeme :)

Comments