Makeup empties of 2019

Keeping your empties for a year is at the same time creepy hoarding behavior and amazing statistical year long project😎. I kept my empties during 2018 and it was such an eyeopener to see how much makeup actually gets used up in a year. It seems that this is also interesting to you, as it's still the most viewed post on my blog.

Let's see how well I did this year 😃 In 2019 I've finished up:
  • 2 concealers
  • 2 foundations
  • 2 pressed powders (not brand new)
  • 1 setting spray
  • 1 lip liner
  • 6 lip products (3/6 were minis)
  • 3 eyeshadows ( 1 used up as a blush)
  • 1 highlighter
  • 1 liquid eyeliner
  • 1 black eyepencil
  • 1 brow pencil
  • 3 mascaras
I also did a bit of declutter:
  • 1 green liquid eyeliner
  • 2 eye pencils (dried out)
  • 4 mascaras (3 old colorful ones and 1 that burnt my eyes)
  • 1 old cream blush
  • 1 lipstick (too soft and crumbly formula)
Also, recently, one of my magnetic palettes fell apart, so I did a bit of declutter of my depotted eyeshadows to make them all fit into my other 2 magnetic palettes (I'll show them all in my upcoming full collection post):
And last, as I am a big nailpolish addict (my instagram) and in 2018 my collection grew to almost 200 bottles I did a year long project polish to use up as many old nail polishes as possible. My collection has shrink, but I continued to use up old ones in 2019 and below are the results; empties are on the left and on the right are dried up declutters:
All in all, progress made in 2019 is comparable to 2018, but I predict it could be less in 2020 as I have a lot of new products in my collection, so I'd be happy to reach 20 empties by 2021, but we'll see. Most likely I will not be joining any kind of eyeshadow panning project, but I'm already considering to join a project that should be a twist to the standard "finish 20 in 2020" project.
Wish me luck 😏

How often do you go through your collection and do a declutter? 
Do you keep your empties? 

*All items bought with my own hard earned cash or gifted by friends

With love,
atwiglikeme :)

Comments