Makeup empties of 2018

During 2018 I did an unofficial year long panning project and was keeping track of my empties and declutters.

I took a picture of empties at the beginning of July:

  • Empties are on the left, and declutters on the right(old and faul smelling items 😖) 
  • I'm the most proud on finishing up a highlighter (link to post
  • Also, I've managed to finish up a few half empty products that were just cluttering my collection 


And here's a picture of my empties from the second part of the year. I believe few of them were missed but this still gives me a general clue on my makeup routine and habits:

  • Two small palettes on the picture I consider as decluttered from my collection but I'm going to keep them in case I get inspired to make some frankenshadow or repress any of my mono eyeshadows into a palette
  • I'm the most proud of finishing up a blush (link to post


Unfortunately, throughout the year I've learnt what I already knew - eyeshadows take a looong time to hit pan on and even more time to finish up, but of course this is my favourite category and it tripled during this year 🙈. I've bought 4  palettes myself and got 4 more as Christmas/birthday gifts so my current makeup inventory will be much larger than what it was at the beginning of 2018. That being said, I've decided to go on a no-buy until Easter so that I can have enough time to play around with my new babies.

I'm also joining Pan that palette and Finish 19 in 2019 panning projects. It will be fun and I'm excited to put some dents in my collection 💪.

I know that no buys are going to be craze of the year, but I did a similar thing with my nail polish collection last year (status available on my IG account) and I did quite good so I have no doubts that I'm going to do well with makeup too.
Going cold turkey might be frightening but doing so for as long as you can really helps in getting that silly FOMO out of your system and realizing that it's all just colorful creams and powders, somthing that should make you happy and not full of anxiety.

Wish me luck 😁

Will you be joining any panning project this year? 
Do you keep your empties? 

*All items bought with my own hard earned cash or gifted by friends

With love,
atwiglikeme :)


Comments