Swatchfest #11: ColourPop It's my Pleasure palette

About a month ago, ColourPop had a free shipping event and I finally took the plunge and decided to order Good Sport palette which was my first ever, "true" love at first sight when it comes to their 5489 palettes.

Just a day after I've made my purchase, It's my Pleasure palette got restocked so I made an additional, yes, yes - impulse buy😅 ...And I'm not sorry! This little palette is a great and cheap option to quench your ABH Norvina or Huda Beauty Obsessions Amethyst cravings😋.

During 2018, I finally got sucked into the warm tones, especially yellows and reds, and this year it is time to dig into purples💜.

In my opinion, this palette is half pink half purple and it's a nice starting point to play around with these type of shades:
Shade names as per official Colourpop web-site:

  • Kittenfish: matte cool lavender
  • Do or dough: metallic bright lavender with blue duo chrome flip
  • Pretty cruel: matte berry mauve with gold flecks
  • Bare minimum: metallic berry violet
  • Earthshine: metallic pinky lavender with a blue duochrome flip
  • Chick lit: metallic deep amethyst
  • Mr. Sandman: icy rose with a silver sheen
  • Fan fiction: matte dusty pink
  • Sleeper: matte eggplant
The same as I said for the Good Sport palette, mattes are a bit too soft for my liking, but they are easy to use and blend well. Glitter infused shades are pretty but definitely need a sticky base, because otherwise you'll have glitter fallout all over your face😤.

Here are the swatches:

I like all of the shades in this palette apart from Pretty Cruel😑. I just do not see the point of it in this palette. It's suppose to be "matte berry mauve with gold flecks" but on my light skin with yellow undertone it looks like a muted orange which I could only pair with Mr.Sandman shade...

My go-to look by using this palette is more on the pink side:
  • Crease: Fan Fiction
  • Lid: Bare Minimum
  • Inner corner: Earthshine
  • Outer V: Sleeper
All in all, this impulse purchase was a win and I'll be definitely picking up the green one💚. Hopefully, they'll make a blue palette in the future💙 because my collection desperately needs a variety of blues after years and years of warm tones...


Do you like ColourPop eyeshadow formula?
What is your favorite palette from the brand?

*Item bought with my own hard earned cash.

With love,
atwiglikeme :)

Comments