Swatchfest #9: ColourPop Good Sport eyeshadow palette


I believe that there is no need for a long introduction to ColourPop 😄 Unless you live under a rock like Patrick the Star, you sure know about this brand and their 2586 releases per month 🙊


I've been eyeing their palettes for quite a while but most of them looked too plain for me to pull the trigger, especially as it's an US based brand so shipping and taxes cost a fortune 😧

My first almost bought palette was the "Yes, please" one because I was just getting into yellows and everyone was raving about it, but my true love at first sight was this one - Good Sport, their fall release for 2018. I love wearing such kind of grungy shades all year long so it does not matter that I snatched this one up during their worldwide free shipping deal only few weeks ago, just days before springtime. 

For some reason, this palette is giving me that ABH Subculture vibe, and no matter the bad reviews that palette got, this color scheme is still the one that gets my juices going wild no matter the crazy soft formula I find annoying. Guess this 80's kid is having her decades late Nirvana and flannel phase.

Inside:


Swatches:


Shade names and descriptions (taken from ColourPop web site), L to R:
     Wild Out: metallic warm champagne
     Hooky: matte rich terracotta
     Rookie: burnt orange with blue glitter
     Sista: matte vibrant violet

     Licious: metallic yellow gold

     High Hopes: matte peachy saddle brown

     Reckless: matte rich maroon

     Trooper: matte marigold

     Hooked: metallic icy moss
     Trophies: matte blackened olive brown
     Ebb: vibrant metallic olive
     Flow: matte dusty purple


Given the price, I can definitely understand the hype this brand is getting. Shadows are amazing, buttery on the touch and easy to blend, just the way most people like them these days. Formula is a bit too soft for my liking (I dig more hard pressed shadows such as Urban Decay), but it's not a deal breaker for me. I can survive a bit of kick up as long as it does not end up as fall out all over my cheeks. A bit drier formula is present only in the shade Reckless which is supposed to be pressed pigment (this formula is just the way I like them 😉, reminds me of Sugar Pill).  Shade Sista can get patchy on the eyes if you don't put some extra elbow grease to that blending and Rookie is a shade infused with glitter that tends to gets everywhere so make sure to use a sticky base before you apply it. I did not have any problems with other shades from this palette and I think that over all performance and formula would be closest to Zoeva Premiere palette.

Something to keep in mind about ColourPop palettes is that they do not carry standard pan size, but the palettes are magnetized so you can re-arrange the shades and reuse the pans to repress eye shadows into them once you finish them up. Pans hold 1 gram of product.

Do you like ColourPop eyeshadow formula?
What is your favorite palette from the brand?

P.S. Why do they spell word colour as in British English while they are US brand? I find this kinda funny 😆

*Item bought with my own hard earned cash.

With love,
atwiglikeme :)


Comments