[shop my stash] #4palettes10looks #8: Tasty Avocado to the rescue

Can't believe I'm already at round 8 of my #4palettes10looks project a.k.a. my spin of the shop my stash. Currently, my collection consists of 21 eyeshadow palettes (+ 2 new otw!) and purpose of this project is to rotate through my collection and try to come up with different color combinations/eyelooks, and potentially, fingers crossed, hit pan on some of my favorite shades.
For this round I chose to work on Tasty Avocado by I Heart Revolution which is newest one in my collection, and the rest I got using random number generator:
  • I Heart Revolution Tasty Avocado: I love green, it's my favorite color, and seeing it come back in fashion was definetly highlight of 2019 makeup trends. I have to say, I initially had my eyes on the CP Just My Luck palette, but I was a bit put off by the true greens in that palette, so when this Tasty Avocado palette was announced I knew it would be a better fit for me, with those more muted greens, blue-greens and green-golds. I enjoy the color story of this palette and had fun creating looks with it (1st and 4th quadrant, and other green based looks)
  • Makeup Revolution SophX Extra Spice palette: This was a great release and I was happy to receive it as a Christmas gift last year. I find it to be a great fall palette and have used it quite a bit this month. I'm hoping to hit pan on some of the shades in my next rounds of this project - looking at you Romance (2nd quadrant, 3rd pic) and Aurora (2nd quadrant, 4th pic)!
  • Pupa Pupart: This was one of the last years' bday gifts. It's a basic neutral palette that is a bit too sheer for me, but I ended up loving the formula and made some visible dents in some of the shades I've used as highlighters. I said that I will not be doing another pan that palette in 2020, but this little guy might be the one for the job. I've created a beautiful soft taupe look using it (3rd quadrant, 3rd pic)
  • Small magnetic palette: it contains singles and depotted shades by NYX, Wet'n'Wild and Kiko Milano. I have to say I did not use this palette all that much this round, apart that NYX creme shade for clean up and Kiko champagne shade for inner eye highlight.
Here are the looks I've created using these palettes:

Until my 2 new palettes arrive, for a week or two, I'm going to put this project on pause and then I'm thinking about round with only using new palettes. We'll see what I come up once they arrive...

Do you do shop my stash?
How do you like my spin to the project?

* All items bought with my own hard earned cash or gifted by friends.

With love,
atwiglikeme :)

Comments