Swatchfest #15: I Heart Revolution Tasty Avocado

Finally, let me share with you my wonky swatches of one of the newest babies in my eyeshadow palette collection by I Heart Revolution, Tasty Avocado 😊.

My favorite color is green and seeing it come back in (makeup) style was definitely high point of this years' makeup trends. Back in the early 2000s when I was in high-school and first starting to get into make up, my go-to's were grey/silver smokey eye for going out and golds and khaki greens for schoolday eyelooks, so I am happy to finally relive that makeup era of mine.

Tasty Avocado palette comes with 8 matte shades which are quite crumbly to swatch but were not problematic to blend on the eyes, though I need to point out that I tend to stick to not more then 2 mattes when working with Makeup Revolution eyeshadows as they tend to muddy up on me if I (over) blend them. Other 10 shades are shimmers, with shades Smash and Bite being more on the glitter topper side of the spectrum. These where only shades giving me trouble to pick up with either brush or sponge applicator (I hate using my fingers to apply make up 😀). Shimmers were working well only with a flat brush and not creating hard pan so I am quite pleased with them (I kept sponge applicator at hand just to be on the safe sideπŸ˜‹).
Looking at the palette, some of the shades seem like repeats and I'd like if there were more darker shades, but having a bunch of palettes already, this is not a problem to me and I am happy to implement these shades with ones from my other palettes.

During first two weeks after getting the palette I created quite a few looks using it and was quite happy with the results. You can check the looks I've created in my shop my stash series called #10looks4palettes here.

Now let's see what I was working with:

Inside:


Swatches in daylight:


All in all, I'd recommend this palette if you're looking into giving greens a try. This palette contains pretty array of greens, from blue-greens & gold-greens to deep forest green and light neon. I was pretty impressed by the quality of the shades and my only complaint are sheer glittery toppers which are hard to apply and lackluster lime green.

What was your favorite color trend of the year?
If you have this palette, how do you like it?

*Item bought with my own hard earned cash,

With love,
atwiglikeme

Comments