Swatchfest #20: ColourPop Strawberry Shake

This was my b-day gift back in December 2019. ColourPop released numerous mono-chromatic palettes during last year, and quite a few caught my eye. Thankfully, having to pay shipping and taxes for any purchase from US keeps me at short leash so by the time ColourPop had a sale I could get on board with, I forgot about most of the palettes apart this one.

I was actually lusting after UD Cherry, but never pulled the trigger as I could not make myself get along with the price tag for a mono-chromatic colors tory... So, when ColourPop released their Strawberry Shake I saw it as an opportunity to finally quench my pinky tones thirst.

Overall I am satisfied with this palette. Only thing I'd change would the hot pink with glitter (middle shade) and replace it with a dark matte to be able to ground a look, but I do not have a problem with dipping into additional palettes as this baby is quite mid-toned.
Apart for pink shades, palette contains of a matte red and 2 shades on the coral-y side which makes it quite versatile for a small 9 pans palette (the same thoughts I have for their It's my pleasure palette which I bought on a whim and it ended up as one of the most used palettes of my collection last year - 2019).
Color story:
Swatches:
(shades swatched L to R)

Final verdict: If you like pinks but you do not want to get an all pink palette try this one. It's affordable and in only 9 pans you can create from hot and dusty pink, coral to all red eye looks. I love how pigmented ColourPop shadows are, but I'd appreciate more hardly pressed shadows, I don't like the kick up of mattes and crumbliness of metallic shades (general observation on the brand).

What is your favorite ColourPop 9 pans palette?
Do you own this palette?

*Item bought with my own hard earned cash.

With love,
atwiglikeme :)

Comments