New baby #5: Roadtrip purchases


At the beginning of the year I was hoping to do a no-buy until Easter so that I could go a bit crazy on my vacation and get a few new makeup items. Well, my no-buy was a fail, but I still went on and bought 6 new goodies.

We went on a ten day road trip from Zagreb (Croatia) to Madrid (Spain), and my initial plan was to splurge on a high end palette in a Sephora, but once I saw them in person non of them sparked my interest (especially looking at you Tarte High Tides & Good vibes palette).

My second item on the list was a high end concealer. My heart was set on the Born to Run concealer by Too Faced. I was looking to get the Swan shade but it was out of stock at Sephora in St. Tropez (so fancy, right ๐Ÿ˜‰ tbh, I was underwhelmed by it, it's basically a marina with a few streets filled with high-end and luxury brand shops). It actually turned out to be a good thing, because once I left the store I've noticed that all of the swatches of the concealer oxidised on my skin pretty badly๐Ÿ˜ฑ.

After these two little disasters, I've made an impulse purchase at Primark and bought 2 black eyeliners with a sharpener for 1,5 Euro, hihi. Best thing is that they seem pretty creamy by the swatches but I haven't used them on my eyes yet because I'm trying to use up old Avon pencil liner.

This impulse purchase led to another one in Spain, in Kiko Milano store (we've crossed Italy on our trip, but I still ended up buying Kiko in another country๐Ÿ˜‚).

Nothing clicked for me, so I opt for Waterflower Magic LE bronzer in 01 Warm honey (because I do not own a single bronzer in my collection):
In the pan it looks pretty dark, but it's sheer and buildable, and pretty good match to my light skin tone with warm undertone. Now I need to buy a proper brush to use it ๐Ÿ˜ I've also picked up Kiko Milano Standout Volume mascara because it was on sale and a tiny Kiko Milano Smart nail polish in the share 160 (if you can get them, I highly recommend Kiko's nail polishes!).

Next thing on the list was a terracotta matte lipstick I picked up at Spanish supermarket Mercadona where we were stopping by for supplies. Brand is called DeliPlus Color and this is their Mate lipstick in the shade no.7:
It's a beautiful shade that can be easily matched with any warm tone eye look. Formula is a bit vaxy, but it's really comfortable on the lips with great color payoff. Total hit in my opinion ๐Ÿ’“.

At last, at our final destination, Madrid, I caved in and decided that I NEED to buy something in the Sephora, so I went back to trying out different concealers and ended up picking up Tarte Shape Tape in 8B Porcelain beige. It seemed like a good value for the product size and with all the fuss around it how could I pass the opportunity, as we do not have Sephora (anymore) in Croatia and Tarte is pretty hard to find on EU based beauty web-shops.

This is the lightest shade and I hope it will be a good match to brighten up my under eye area.
Next to it is Catrice Camouflage Concealer in 050 which is their lightest shade (and my skin tone match):

What is your favorite high-end concealer?
What was your last impulse purchase? 

*Items bought with my own hard earned cash.

With love,
atwiglikeme :)

Comments