Six months of empties: Jan-Jun 2019


You sure know that nothing puts your make-up obsession into clear perspective such as trying to finish up a product and collecting your empties.
I did the same thing last year, it was a lot of fun so I decided to keep my make-up empties and tally up every six months on how I'm progressing during this year as well.

You can find my last years "results" here.

During six months I've managed to finish up 10 items and I'm decluttering 5 very old foul smelling items including 3 colorful mascaras, a cream blush and a green liquid eyeliner.

When it comes to my empties it seems that I'm running through my bullet lipsticks pretty fast comparing to other items. Anyway, here's the list of items I've used up:

  • Essence Matt Matt Matt lipstick in 02: This was my perfect nude shade, easy to wear and was half done when I started. 
  • Avon lipstick in Matte Roses: Oldest lipstick in my collection, it was a peachy nude. I'm glad it's gone because it tends to clash with very warmtone looks
  • Avon Beauty Lip Stylo in Totally Twig: It was a very creamy formula, brown nude shade, so it went pretty quickly and at the end a piece of it broke off so now it's completely used up. It would melt due to summer heat so it's good it's gone
  • Bourjois CC cream: My holy grail before I discovered Korean BB creams. I went through couple of tubes and this was the last one given to me by a friend who had a breakout out caused by it so use with causion. 
  • Alverde Naturkometik pressed powder in 010 Naturale: This was ok powder, nothing special, I've used it at work for touch-ups. A little bit of it was left round the pan rim so I've mixed it in with my Avon pressed powder that is currently in my #finish19in2019 project. 
  • NYX #thisiseverything lipoil in Cranberry mint: meh product, I feel like it dried out my lips. It was a mini I used at home instead of a lip balm. 
  • Catrice brow pencil: it was some kind of a LE product 🤔 It was a good shade match and it lasted longer then expected because I'm not all that into brows. I tend to only fill them in after foundation to give them their color back
  • Tiny pan: this was leftover of Wet'n'wild Comfort Zone beige shimmer shade which I've used up as my everyday innereye highlight shade. 
  • Essence Cosmetics Camouflage+Matt conceler: It is more watery then Catrice one but it seem like it did not sink into the skin. Ended up using it as a light coverage foundation and applying it with a brush. 
  • Trend it up No. 1 mascara in 010 (black): Meh, simply because hourglass wands do nothing for my short lashes and I end up smudging it all over my eye makeup 
Now let's see how it goes during second part of the year 😅


Do you project pan?
How do you motivate yourself to use up items you own?

*All items bought with my own hard earned cash or gifted by friends.

With love,
atwiglikeme :)

Comments

Popular Posts