Empty #5: Mixa Hyalurogel Light Intensive Hydration Cream-Gel

When you see a group of Korean tourists putting multiple jars of Mixa Hylurogel cream into their shopping carts in your local drugstore they must know what they are doing, right?! 
Stereotypes aside, given my limited knowledge of Kbeauty, I can only claim that Koreans (and other Asian countries) truly have totally opposite approach to their skincare then what is generally seen in European drugstores. While, for years, Western brands focused on releasing all in one products, Korean skincare believes in using more thin products with specific purpose which you can easily layer on top of each other. This approach is becoming a trend for Western brands recently and this Mixa cream-gel is no exception.
About 2 years ago I scratched the surface of Korean skincare routines, and ever since, my thirty-something combo dehydrated skin has been feeling much better. Light serums topped with light creams such as this Mixa cream-gel, helped me plump my skin while light acids helped in faster skin recovery after hormonal breakouts (some months I do not have a single pimple 😎).

Generally speaking, I do not have sensitive skin, so I usually move to another moisturizer each time I finish one up and last time I decided to give Mixa's Hyalurogel Light a chance. It's a milky faintly parfumed cream-gel formula that sinks quickly into the skin. It was a nice moisturizer on it's own during late summer, but lately, as heating season began, this cream-gel was not enough on it's own and usually I'd add a drop of rosehip oil to it, to quench my combo skin's moisture needs. I have a feeling that in case you have dry skin, this would be too thin for you, but as it sinks in quickly, most likely your skin would appreciate a second layer of it.

All in all, in case you love to layer serums and creams, this is a definite winner, but in case you have combo to dry skin, and in the morning you want to avoid multiple steps, I'd suggest Nivea Urban skin cream that has similar consistency, but I feel like it's got a bit heavier moisturizing punch to the skin. During summertime, when our faces are melting as it is, this little Mixa guy can easily work on its own.

What is your favorite daily moisturizer?
Have ever you tried this product?

*Item bought with my own hard earned cash.

With love,
atwiglikeme :)

Comments