Swatchfest #21: Lime Crime Prelude Chroma

Well, well, well... Again with another impulse purchase😅. When I first saw this palette, something drawn me in, must be the teals and kind of a more cool-tone color story with some unexpected color pairings😍.

I bought their Venus XL II palette for my birthday last year and even though my instant thought was that I've overspent on the palette, I fell in love with the formula and different finishes. When I saw this one and found a coupon to buy it for 20% off (which is amazing for most European web-shops) it was a done deal 😃.

What I love about Lime Crime's formula is the fact that shadows are finely milled, buttery without a lot of kick-up and only a little bit goes a long way which is especially true for shimmers which look multi-dimensional and sparkly with just a light swipe and that is something my thirty-something starting-to-wrinkle lids appreciate. Eyeshadow does not look thick and chunky on the eye as most tend to do when you layer them on (or wet to make them pop more)... No one likes crusty looking eyes 😖.

Colorstory:
Once I took s closer look at the color story, I finally realized that Prelude Chroma palette reminds me of cheap Essence Too Glam to Give a Damn palette which I love for the quirky color story but as quality is meh I rarely use it while my collection also contains better performing high-end palettes. With Lime Crime in my collection, I might consider decluttering Essence palette next year.

Swatches on natural light:
I tried to make a few quick eye looks using this palette and my only issue is that it does not have a mid-tone crease shade - Olympia is a bit too light but a great color to blend colors out, while Cyprus and Genesis are quite dark and take time to blend if you want to use them only as a wash of color. Hidden gem of the palette is Sea Foam which looks quite lackluster on the swatch but builds up nicely on the eye to a amazing duo-chrome minty shade.

Overall, this is quite a versatile palette taking into account that it only contains 8 shades in total. It is  definietley not a collection necessity but I'm happy to have it and feel inspired by the colors.

What is your Lime Crime palette color story?
Do you own this palette?

*Item bought with my own hard earned cash.

With love,
atwiglikeme :)

Comments