#4palettes10looks #1: July 2019

I love "shop my stash" as a concept and tend to enjoy such content as it a great mix of casual panning, mini reviews and makeup ideas wrapped in a single format, but I could never stick to it. My collection is organized in a way that I tend to focus on a single "boring" item at the time including foundation, mascara, face powder etc. while I keep my options open when it comes to colorful items such as eyeshadows, highlighters, lipsticks and blushes.

With that in mind I decided to do a little experiment and try to choose 3 palettes per month plus my #panthatpalette2019  (NYX Perfect Filter in Rustic Antique). 
Here is the color story I'm working on during July:
I've chosen:
  • OPV Spotlight: newest palette in my collection which I bought on sale. I fell for the color story and blue shimmers which I'm trying to incorporate back into my routine after years and years of warmtones.
  • ColourPop Good Sport: My first ever ColourPop palette which is more on the autumn-y side but I thought that I could get use out of the shimmers because the ones in OPV Spotlight are not as vibrant as I'd want them to be
  • Essence Too Glam to give a damn: I love the highlighter in this palette, and I simply wanted to have my options when it comes to purples which I kind of prefer these days.
Main purpose of this "experiment" is to try to create as many different eyelooks as possible and break the habit of going for the same looks out of each palette. As I do not wear makeup everyday, I hope to get at least 10 looks in total per month as I'm sure that I'll forget to take a picture of all of them and there might be some repeats if I'll feel unexpired. 

Just to clarify, these are eyelooks I wear to work. Some might me a bit out there but I work in an office in no-clients environment so we can get away with casual outfits and not all brown makeup. 

I'll try to take quick selfies in the morning before I head out the door so please don't mind the poor quality of pictures, this is more of a personal makeup diary then anything else.
Below are my first five looks:
Looks, left to right, top to bottom:

First look:
1. Lid: Licious, CP Good Sport
2. Crease: Trooper, CP Good Sport
3. Outer V: Dream, OPV Spotlight (call the makeup police, I've put a shimmer in my crease 😎 #rebel)

Second look:
1. Lid: Rookie, CP Good Sport
2. Crease: Public Eye, OPV Spotlight
3. Outer V: matte burnt brown (2nd shade), NYX Rustic Antique

Third look:
1. Lid: D-Plug, OPV Spotlight
2. Crease: Star, OPV Spotlight
3. Outer V: Edge, OPV Spotlight

Forth look:
1. Lid: Xhibiit, OPV Spotlight
2. Crease: matte beige (3rd shade), NYX Rustic Antique [leftovers now pressed together with an old taupe Essence eyeshadow which I'm trying to pan this year in my #finish19in2019 project] 
3. Outer V: Public eye, OPV Spotlight

Fifth look:
1. Lid: light mauve, Essence Too Glam to Give A Damn
2. Crease: matte beige (3rd shade), NYX Rustic Antique
3. Outer V: Notoriety, OPV Spotlight (buffed into the crease and over the lid)
4. Lower lashline: green eyeliner, Avon (part of my #finish19in2019 project)

How do you motivate yourself to come up with new color combinations?
Do you do shop my stash? 

*All items bought with my own hard earned cash.

With love,
atwiglikeme :)

EDIT, 28Jul19: I decided to make this into a little challenge in try to rotate and pan my collection. After every 10 eyelooks created using 4 chosen palettes I'll choose three new ones + my #panthatpalette2019, NYX Rustic Antique palette.


Comments