#4palettes10looks #2: August 2019

Last month I tried to do my own spin of shop my stash and it was a success so here we go with the second round. Idea is to rotate through my eyeshadow palette collection, but as I tend to get bored quickly, I decided to challenge myself to create 10 eyelooks using 4 different palettes. Once complete, I allow myself to choose palettes for my next "round". Usually, I wear makeup about 5 days per week, so in theory, I could do a rotation twice a month or every three weeks in case of slow (read: vacation) month.

Due to my pan that palette project, in reality, I'm actually choosing only 3 palettes from the collection as my #panthatpalette2019, NYX Rustic Antique palette, is always part of the rotation.

To cut to the chase, for my second round, I decided to focus on:


  • Primark's The Wild Side (The Lion King) eyeshadow palette - newest one in my collection so I wanted to play with it a bit more. Pretty basic but decent quality. You can find swatches of it here.
  • Juvia's Place Magic Palette - Great staple palette in my collection that allows me to get creative, but my comfort zone is creating silver (picture below, 3rd quadrant, 1st pic) or pink smokey eye (picture below, 1st quadrant)
  • ABH Subculture - my favorite color story ever, but hard to work formula. My go to look is Axis (dark blue-green) paired with gold/rosegold/pink or safe warm tone looks based on New wave (orange matt; picture below, 2nd quadrant, 2st pic) or Edge (mustard yellow; picture below, 2nd quadrant, 1st pic).
*All items bought with my own hard earned cash.



In the next round I'll be working on ColourPop's It's my pleasure palette, Makeup Revolution SophX Extra Spice and small magnetic palette ful of colorful depotted shadows so stay tuned 😎

Here's the link to my first round of this little experiment if you're interested.

How do you motivate yourself to come up with new color combinations?
Do you do shop my stash? 


With love,
atwiglikeme :)

Comments

Popular Posts