Makeup inventory: January 2020

Let's do this embarrassing post - again 🙈
It was such fun to take everything from my drawers and purses, categorize and at the end - count them up 😜. Last year I did the same thing, but this time, let's also talk about changes in the numbers.
Face:
2019 ⇨ 2020
Powders: 4 ⇨ 3
(Max Factor pressed powder is not on the picture, at work)
Concealers: 3 ⇨ 4
Eye pencils/liners: 9 ⇨ 11
Mascaras: 6 ⇨ 4
Primers: 1 ⇨ 2 ( eye + face)
Brow products: 2 ⇨ 1
Face sprays: 1 ⇨ 0
Blush: 13 ⇨ 9
Highlighter: 12 ⇨ 16
Bronzers: 0 ⇨ 2

Lips:
Lip products: 31 ⇨ 36

Eyeshadows:

Eyeshadow palettes: 12 ⇨ 22
Eyeshadow pans: 59 ⇨ 32
Liquid eyeshadows: 6 ⇨ 4
Loose pigments: 1 ⇨ 0

Total: 160 ⇨ 144

Looking at the numbers it seems that my stash shrunk, but before you pat me on the back and congratulate me, look at the pictures once again...
Cold truth is that I've basically decluttered a few (very old) eyeshadow pans and sneakily replaced them with eyeshadow palettes 🙈You can check the list of my empties of the year here. I've also decluttered around 10-15 items to my colleagues at work or friends.
I hate to throw away makeup and I've only trashed a few items that simply cannot be used anymore. In 2020, I do not predict a lot of declutters, and if I do so it would most likely be additional mono/depotted eyeshadows which are old and I also rarely use them.

Plan for 2020:
  • Palette no-buy until Easter
  • No mono eyeshadows because I rarely use them
  • No brow products because I'm simply not into them
  • Work on your #20in2020 project
  • Continue with eyeshadow shop my stash project #4palettes10looks

Do you keep track of your makeup inventory?
How does your collection compare to mine, is it bigger/smaller?

*All items bought with my own hard earned cash or gifted by friends.

With love,
atwiglikeme :)

Comments

Popular Posts